Tuesday, January 15, 2019

So Oregon sucks, let's look at Arizona!


So a coworker and really good friend, Krystal, got me blogging again. I thank her for that, it's much appreciated. In fact, now that I know someone, anyone, is reading the goddamn thing, I want to blog more.

Today's blog will be about a dream I had, and its recent shattering into a million shards of shiny glass on the floor. I've been looking at Cottage Grove, Oregon, for over a decade now, as a place to move. The weather is absolutely perfect, the scenery is next to none, the area is laid back and encourages outdoor activity and new businesses, such as the hot dog cart. Wink, nudge.

But yesterday, an article which really pissed me off hit the instanets. Seems the leftie moron legislature there is trying to push that guns must have a maximum five round capacity. This means that just about every good and cool gun in the world becomes illegal and will be destroyed. Every six-shooter, every 1911, every and any gun that can hold six or more rounds. I mean, even the stupid Ruger .22 rifles are out. He/they also want each citizen limited to purchasing 20 rounds a month. I mean, with 20 rounds it's not worth a trip to the range, trust me.

Now, even the guy who suggested these changes admitted it won't pass fully, not right away, but that it'll get the ball going in that direction. And he's probably right. The stripping of our rights is scary to me. I don't blog a lot or really even talk a lot about politics, but don't fuck with my guns. Do I shoot every day, every week, even every month? Nope. I do not. But I have the right to, and that's the point.

Why would I move into a state, beautiful as it is, that's starting to shift in that direction? Give it ten years and it'll be on par with Commiefornia or even worse. Why everyone is so fucking scared of guns is beyond me but that's another blog post. Why lefties ignore facts is also beyond me and also for another post. Don't they see the numbers in Texas, in Arizona, where anyone can just carry in public? Murder rates plummeted. I know lefties don't like facts but Jesus H, the proof is right there in front of them. This isn't a mystery any longer. Armed citizens makes for a happy, calm life. Period.

Legally armed, I should clarify.

Anyhow, long story short, I started looking at Arizona. It's just to fuckin' hot for me, most the state, but I knew Flagstaff was okay so I started there. I found a nearby but lower town called Williams. Didn’t take much research to tell me this was a little slice of heaven. And the houses? Big, cheap, tons of land. Pine trees and red dirt. Nice combo. The town runs on summer tourism (Grand Canyon, Route 66 car shows, etc) and for the rest of the year it's a quiet little storybook place. I'm wondering if I couldn’t run my hot dog car there in the spring and summer and float the rest of the year. I'm just wondering that.

And I could do it with a sidearm on, if I wanted.

Also, if something went sideways here in SoCal or we just wanted to visit, it's a six-hour drive instead of what, 18 hours on the road or the securing of an expensive and bothersome plane ticket? Two of them? Yeesh.

I'll keep the one person still reading this posted. :D 

Usa, Route66, Williams, United States, Road Trip
Max Pixel

No comments: