Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ana Kefr at the Whiskey

Last night, Eliza and I went into Hollywood to see Ana Kefr play at the Whiskey a Go Go (http://www.whiskyagogo.com/site/) for their final show on a nation-wide tour. As always, they killed it, in a good way. We saw the bands that played before and after them, and there simply isn’t any reason to compare: Ana Kefr gets the crown with ease.

I am a musician myself, and have played many venues in Hollywood throughout the years. Still, every time I see Ana Kefr I’m so damned impressed with them; trust me on this, they are ready for the big time. In order to see a band as professional and well-put-together as Ana Kefr, be prepared to pay large dollars through TicketMaster for a big-label band. These guys have that much talent.

As I’ve mentioned before, the “screamo” bands normally aren’t exactly my forte, but Ana Kefr comes correct. Singer Rhiis puts so much emotion into his performance that it doesn’t matter what he’s saying or how he’s saying it – you feel it, too. The band is amazingly tight, and that’s coming from a fellow musician; we look for things like that. I have seen these guys play a handful of times, and I have never seen one single musical error. Last night, Brendan tapped the mic with his forehead after switching from sax to guitar, but his performance was flawless.

If you’d like to see the best screamer/progressive metal band there is, you’d better do it quick, because in the near future you’ll be shelling out quite a few hard-earned greenbacks at TicketMaster in order to attend a show. Go watch them perform while they are still local, folks!

No comments: